Thursday, April 21, 2011

PatrisCorner on Etsy

This is the first post of my (hopefully) weekly featured sellers!
Todays seller is: Patris Corner!


Tell us about yourself:
As a child, I remember when my father would take us to my grandmother’s house. I would love to look at the many ways she would make her piecework bedspreads. Since then, I would sit down in her home and watch her sew away, piece by piece, each piece of fabric sewed together and eventually becoming part of the bedspread, and eventually taking shape. Many years later, when my children were born, I enjoyed making similar bedspreads for them. I made colorful crib sets to fun blankets and throws, as they grew and developed so did my ideas.


 What do you do?
Well, I’m in the embroidery business. I work for a small sports shop in Miami that embroiders sportswear for local high schools and universities. I’ve been working there for over 15 years and am extremely happy with what I do. It’s a nice creative outlet. I’m also a mother to three children turned adults, a wife (married for 30 years), a daughter, sister and grandma. In my free time, I like to scour the internet for new crafty ideas and finish the projects I have already started.


How would you describe your creative process?
I’m a big fan of bold and bright colors! So, my ideas usually are colorful ideas! Usually, it’s based on different color combinations and sizes of fabrics and what I can make with them. There are a lot of ideas that are scraped at the beginning for one reason or another, sometimes I mix my ideas. Those ideas are usually the items posted in my Etsy store.



 What handmade possession do you most cherish?
Currently, there’s a bag that I made that I LOVE! It’s navy and there’s a colorful octagon shaped design on it. The bag also has brown leather straps as well. I also have plenty of wallets, quilts, etc., but this bag has a certain place in my heart.

How do you get out of your creative ruts?
A break. Sometimes I like to sew, sew, sew and don’t really focus on what I am making. When this happens, I know I need a bit of rest, a cup of coffee, cookies and a magazine
What inspires you?
Colors, fabrics, shapes. I think everything I see influences and inspires me one way or the other.
I hope you like my answers



You can visit PatrisCorner on etsy!  http://www.patriscorner.etsy.com/

2 comments:

  1. Thank you for your interview. I am very happy and grateful that I've chosen for your first interview. I wish you much success and you have many more interviews.
    Patricia
    Patri's Corner

    ReplyDelete